TAX TOOLS & FINANCIAL CALCULATORS
All tools provided by CalcXML and the IRS
Check on your Refund Status
Find IRS Tax Forms and Publications
Important Tax Dates for 2018IRS official tax dates you need to stay on top of your taxes.
2018 Federal Legal Holidays
- January 1 – New Year’s Day
- January 15 – Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday
- February 19 – Washington’s Birthday
- April 16 – District of Columbia Emancipation Day
- May 28 – Memorial Day
- July 4 – Independence Day
- September 3 – Labor Day
- October 8 – Columbus Day
- November 10 – Veterans’ Day (observed)
- November 22 – Thanksgiving Day
- December 25 – Christmas Day
2018 E-File Dates
- January 29 – First day to e-file and first IRS acknowledgements of e-filed returns
- April 17 – Last day to e-file timely returns and extension requests
- April 24 – Last day to retransmit rejected timely filed returns and extensions
- June 15 – Last day to e-file timely extension request for overseas taxpayers
- October 15 – Last day to e-file returns that received 6-month extension
- October 22 – Last day to retransmit rejected late or extension returns
Important 2018 Tax Dates
- January 10 – Report tips of $20 or more to employer
- January 16 – Make last 2017 estimated tax payment
- February 10 – Report tips of $20 or more to employer
- March 12 – Report tips of $20 or more to employer
- April 10 – Report tips of $20 or more to employer
- April 17 – Due date to file calendar year 2017 tax returns or request an automatic 6-month extension of time to file. Pay any tax that is due, even if you file a 6-month extension of time to file.
- April 17 – First 2018 estimated tax payment due
- May 10 – Report tips of $20 or more to employer
- June 11 – Report tips of $20 or more to employer
- June 15 – Second 2018 estimated tax payment due
- July 10 – Report tips of $20 or more to employer
- August 10 – Report tips of $20 or more to employer
- September 10 – Report tips of $20 or more to employer
- September 17 – Third 2018 estimated tax payment due
- October 10 – Report tips of $20 or more to employer
- October 15 – Final due date to file calendar year 2017 tax returns for taxpayers who received a 6-month extension
- November 13 – Report tips of $20 or more to employer
- December 10 – Report tips of $20 or more to employer
Tax Calculators - Provided by CalcXML
- What is my potential estate tax liability?
- 2016 federal income tax calculator
- Should I adjust my payroll withholding’s?
- Will my investment interest be deductible?
- How much self-employment tax will I pay?
- Capital gains (losses) tax estimator
- Compare taxable, tax-deferred, and tax-free investment growth
- How much of my social security benefit may be taxed?
- What are the tax implications of paying interest?
- Should I itemize or take the standard deduction?
- What is my tax-equivalent yield?
- 2016 tax refund estimator
- Tax freedom day
- Lease or buy an automobile?
- Loan vs. 0% dealer financing?
- What would my auto payments be?
- Upgrade to a more fuel efficient vehicle?
- Auto loan: accelerated payoff
- How much vehicle can I afford?
- How much should I be saving for college?
- Can I pay back my student loans?
- Advantages of the Coverdell ESA
- Advantages of a 529 college savings plan
- The value of a college education?
- Payments on a parental (PLUS) loan?
- Live on campus, off campus or at home?
Home & Mortgage
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I refinance my home mortgage (break even)?
- Mortgage calculator
- Comparing mortgage terms (i.e. 15, 20, 30 year)
- Should I pay discount points for A lower interest rate?
- Should I rent or buy a home?
- Should I convert to a bi-weekly payment schedule?
- Compare a ‘no-cost’ versus traditional mortgage
- What are the tax savings generated by my mortgage?
- Which is better: fixed or adjustable-rate mortgage?
- Adjustable rate mortgage calculator
- How do closing costs impact the interest rate?
- Compare an interest-only versus traditional mortgage
Paycheck & Benefits
- How much is my company bonus after taxes?
- How will payroll adjustments affect my take-home pay?
- Convert my salary to an equivalent hourly wage
- Convert my hourly wage to an equivalent salary
- Future value of my employee stock options?
- Exercise my “in-the-money” stock options?
- What may my 401(k) be worth?
- Impact of increasing my 401(k) contribution?
- What may my 457 Plan be worth?
- Impact of increasing my 457 Plan contribution?
- Will retirement impact my living expenses?
- How much will I need for retirement?
- Are my current retirement savings sufficient?
- Social Security retirement income estimator
- How does inflation impact my retirement income needs?
- I’m retired, how long will my savings last?
- When should I begin saving for retirement?
- Convert discretionary expenses to savings?
- How much retirement income may my 401(k) provide?
- Compare a Roth 401(k) to a Traditional 401(K)
- Does inflation impact my standard of living?
- How much am I spending?
- How much do I need for emergencies?
- Pay down debt or invest more?
- How long will my money last?
- Should my spouse work?
- What is my current net worth?
- What is my projected net worth?
- What is my current cash flow?
- What is my projected cash flow?
- Value of reducing or foregoing expenses
- Historical inflation – compare purchasing power
- How long will it take to pay off my credit card?
- How long until my loan is paid off?
- What are my loan payments?
- What is the balance owing on my loan?
- Consolidate my personal debt?
- Re-structuring debts for accelerated payoff
- Cash up front or payments over time?
- Impact of making extra debt payments?
- Pay off debts or invest the money?
- Estimate my credit score
- How much life insurance do I need?
- What is my life expectancy?
- What are my needs for burial and final expenses?
- How much disability income insurance do I need?
- What are the chances of becoming disabled?
- What are my long-term care insurance needs?
- How much will I earn in my lifetime?
- What are the tax advantages of an annuity?
- How long will my current life insurance proceeds last?
- What is the future value of an annuity?
- Which is better, comprehensive plan or high-deductible plan with HSA?
- Compare a taxable investment to a tax-deferred investment
- Evaluate my company pension payout options
- How much can I contribute to an IRA?
- Retirement income from my IRA provider?
- Convert to a Roth IRA?
- Qualified plan is worth what retirement?
- Current year required minimum distribution?
- Projected required minimum distributions?
- Lump sum distribution options?
- Maximize my employer 401(k) match?
- Impact of borrowing from my 401(k) plan?
- Impact of early withdrawal from my 401(k)?
- I’m self-employed, how much can I contribute to a retirement plan?
- Net Unrealized Appreciation (NUA) vs. IRA Rollover?
- Becoming a millionaire
- Income generated by a savings plan
- How long will it take to double my money?
- How long until my savings reach my goal?
- Save now vs. save later
- How much should I save to reach my goal?
- What will my current savings grow to?
- Calculate rate of return
- How do taxes and inflation impact my return?
- What is my effective annual yield?
Choose your State to find a Form or Publication
Choose your State to check on your Refund
John E. Calhoon, CPA, LLC
125 146th Ave E #3
St. Petersburg, FL 33708-2188
PHONE: 727 698 2598
WHY CHOOSE US?
My firm’s reputation reflects
the high quality standards I
demand every day.